09 December, 2011

12 Days of Christmas Cookies, Day 9

I can't tell you how many batches I make of these every Christmas, because I have NO idea.  One Christmas I gave a whole gift box of them to ONE person for his Christmas present...72 cookies.  And...yeah...he still loves me!  When I ran my suggestion chain on Facebook this got the most requests.  How could it not?  It is next to the perfect cookie...peanut butter...chocolate....sugar....I mean, what else is there??  So...for my brother, for my cousin Missy....and everyone else that asked...this one's for you!

Peanut Butter Kisses...Christmas Style 
1 c. butter flavored Crisco
1 c. creamy peanut butter
1 c. organic brown cane sugar
1 c. organic cane sugar
2 tsp. egg replacer or 2 eggs
1/4 c. unsweetened soy milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. sea salt
3 1/4 c. flour
72-90 pieces of chocolate
organic cane sugar for dipping dough balls

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream Crisco and sugars then add peanut butter, milk, vanilla and eggs or egg replacer.  Blend well.  Add all the remaining ingredients, mix until flour is completely incorporated.  Roll into 1 inch balls (I used my Pampered Chef small scoop), dip the tops into organic cane sugar.  Bake 8 minutes and remove from the oven.  In the center of each cookie, press one piece of chocolate into the dough.  Put back in the oven for 3 minutes.  When they are finished baking let stand on the pan for 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.


  
P.S.  I made those shapes melting down my favorite chocolate and squeezing it into the mold with a squeeze bottle.  You can melt down dark, semi-sweet, milk or white chocolate and have cute little Christmas shapes on your cookies instead of the only stand by of "kisses".  I had snowmen, poinsettias, snowflakes, Santas, stars, candy canes, ornaments and trains.  You can too!  3 bucks on Amazon.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment